If there’s one thing I’ve learned over the years it’s that Tahoe weather always evens itself out. If we get an especially wet cycle, it will be offset by a drought and vice versa. It’s one of the things that makes this place so special. In most winter communities it would be inconceivable to get enough precipitation to rebound the water table at this point in the season. But not here in Tahoe. We live in the land of the 100 inch storm cycle. We are disappointed in anything measured in less than feet. This winter has been one of the worst on record but it looks likes the tides are about to shift. Check out this link from Tahoe’s favorite weather guru at Tahoe Weather Discussion. The quotes halfway through the post are priceless. Now it’s time sit back, relax, and let the good times roll!
Tahoe Weather Discussion Report on Torrential Precipitation Predicted for the Greater Lake Tahoe Area
Double Feature Now Playing!
- JP Auclair and Andreas Fransson killed in avalanche
- Heavy Precip Drowns King Fire
- King Fire threatens Tahoe Basin
- RIP C2
- A blast from the past…Hot Dog 30th Anniversary Party
- Mt. Shasta sets up early
- Let the good times roll
- Winter shows up
- It’s Time to Get Ill! The 2014 Pain McShlonkey Classic!
- Mt. Shasta Conditions Report